Give Yourself the Best Present this New Year – Your Health!
If there are two things that no one can ever get from you, these would be:
Do you agree?
If you reminisce a little and think of the most said statement of your parents, it would be in the lines of ‘…study hard. That’s yours. No one can ever get that from you. So if you study hard and do well, you will go far and reach places…’
At the same time, you only have one body….this one! No one can take it from you and you are the master of it. Give yourself the best present this year by giving yourself the best you that you should have, that you should be, that you ought to be!
Taking care of yourself is not just all about accumulating as much money and material possessions as you can. It is not just about being able to travel to a hundred destinations. It is not even about going to the gym every day or eating the healthiest of salads for every meal. It is the whole of it all.
What is the holistic approach to making yourself healthy?
- Think positive. You always attract the good vibes if you do this.
- Eating healthy means eating the appropriate amount of foods from each food group: protein, carbohydrates, fat, and so on.
- Sleeping well and getting the enough number of hours. Your body needs it. If, for some reason, a night out with friends is a must, then do so. Just make sure you make it up to your body…and allow it to get the needed rest and sleep.
- Exercise. No one can dictate what exercise suits you. You know your body more. Then again, when laziness kicks in, also remember that if you give in, you have to make sure that you make it up. Your body needs exercise, not because it would give you an hour-glass figure but because it allows your heart to pump blood to all the necessary organs of your body for you to function well.
- Me time. Give yourself that. You owe yourself that.
In this busy time and modern technology filled world we live in, there is simply no time when you just hear silence. Don’t you agree? We should take the time to do that. Just be by yourself. Listen to the quiet and stillness. If you like having soft music as your background, then go ahead. The idea is to allow yourself to think and feel. Let all the emotions wrap around you and breathe in the air and great world that you now exist in.
This is you. Be healthy. Be happy. Be you.