What Are The Different Types Of Diabetes?
Many people think that if you have parents or grandparents who are diabetic, you should also be one. The best way to be able to know for sure is to visit a diagnostic clinic in Cebu and be tested. Have your doctor read the results and get the necessary background information about you and your family’s medical history. A medical exam is a guaranteed method to know of your medical condition. While the chances of having it would be high, it is always best to be certain by having a professional give his medical opinion of your health.
LH Prime Cebu and the GMA Lifestyle will be tackling the different classifications of it in this article. According to the World Health Organization:
- Type 1 diabetes – lack of insulin production.
– It is an autoimmune disease that attacks the cells of the pancreas, which then produce very little insulin, or none at all. People with this condition need to use insulin injection or pump to control their sugar levels.
- Type 2 diabetes – usually develops in adulthood, is related to obesity, physical inactivity and unhealthy diets.
– the body’s inability to effectively use the insulin produced by the pancreas. About 90% of all cases worldwide are Type 2 diabetes.
- Gestational diabetes – high blood sugar that occurs during pregnancy.
– Women with gestational diabetes are more at risk of developing Type 2 in the future, plus it also involves complications during pregnancy.
With the information above, it is easier to understand the different ways to tackle it, depending on the type that you would be diagnosed with. It isn’t all about doing away with sweets altogether. Depending on the type of diabetes you have, sweets is allowable, in moderation.
Remember to try attending seminars and programs that would be sponsored by the government as we celebrate World Diabetes Day on November 14. Share this information to as many as possible and help in disseminating the right kind of information to many. Diabetes Philippines also has a Facebook account that you can check out.