10 Power Food That Can Help Prevent Diabetes
If you do a little search on the powerful internet, you will always be able to find information…the big challenge is being able to know what can work for us, Pinoys, and what would be effective. LH Prime Cebu aims to list the 10 power foods that can help prevent diabetes for us, Filipinos.
In all these, it is always best to consult with your doctor after you get a medical exam in Cebu. Don’t be a ‘doctor’ or assume that your body would act similarly to someone else who might have diabetes or not.
Let’s start with the list:
- Apples – high in quercetin (definition: present in plants, used as a food supplement to reduce allergic responses or boost immunity), this food lowers chances of diabetes by 20% and heart disease.
- Cinnamon – helps make cells sensitive to insulin, helping cells convert blood sugar to energy
- Citrus fruits – are packed with antioxidants
- Cold-water fish – has omega-3 fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol in the body and increase levels of good cholesterol
- Fiber-rich foods – improves blood sugar levels
- Legumes – they’re low-fat, low-calorie, high fiber, high protein food that helps reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Green leafy veggies – sources of lutein (definition: a carotenoid that’s good for the eyes) best for people with diabetes who develop debilitating eye problems, a complication from diabetes.
- Dark chocolate – improves insulin sensitivity, very crucial in preventing or treating type2 diabetes
- Steak – has CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), a compound found in the beef’s fat profile, that helps correct impaired blood sugar metabolism, which also shows anti-cancer properties.
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoons before a meal helps lower blood sugar.
Visit a diagnostic clinic in Cebu to make sure that you have the most accurate results if and when you’d like to have yourself tested for blood sugar count.